- Bessemer Trust
- $105,110.00 -163,220.00/year*
1 Center Cir
Bessemer Trust is recruiting a Senior Tax Operations Analyst to manage 1099 information reporting for the firm's clients. The preferred candidate will have industry experience within tax operations and 1099 form reporting.
* Ensure accurate and timely reporting of 1099-DIV, INT, OID, B, & MISC
* Understand IRS withholding and reporting regulations (e.g., Cost Basis Reporting) and tax documentation requirements (e.g., IRS forms W9/W8 validations)
* Data reconciliation analysis and issue log management
* Work independently and on a team to build relationships throughout the organization
* Proven work ethic and overtime hours (extended work weeks and weekends) is required to meet deadlines during tax season
* Actively network and participate in industry associations and groups (e.g., SIFMA)
* Monitor, interpret and escalate regulatory changes that require implementation throughout the industry and Bessemer
* Knowledge of client account classifications, tax document requirements/validations and the associated reporting requirements
* Support a wide range of inquiries from Client Advisors, CPAs and sophisticated high net worth clients
* Work closely with our internal Client Advisors, Tax Cost, Custody groups to provide tax reporting insight and guidance on processing taxable mergers, exchanges, spin-offs, tenders, and various income distributions
* Manage additional year-end reporting processes (e.g., Income Reclassification processing , IRS mailings, which include IRS B-Notice, C-Notice & W9 Due Diligence)
* Work closely with internal counterparts, which include Corporate Tax, Fiduciary Tax, Client Tax, Global Plus Support and Oracle database developers, as our tax service vendors on department related projects and initiatives
* Bachelor's degree
* Microsoft applications (Excel, Project, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
* FIS Wall Street Concepts and Global Plus experience is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills ? dealing with various business and operational units, vendors and the Internal Revenue Service
* Ability to interact with individuals at various levels of management
* Research / analytical skills
* Solid work ethic (hard working, disciplined, focused, motivated)
Bessemer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Associated topics: analyse, bi, business analytic, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, forecasting, guidance, investment banking, market, monitor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...