The Nurse Practitioner is supervised by the Psychiatrist and works closely with him/her to ensure that the clinic's medical and psychiatric services adhere to OMH's clinical standards of care and the standards of the agency. The Nurse Practitioner will be an integral part of the outpatient mental health program and will report to the agency's Clinical Director.. The position is responsible to provide mental health services to all clinic clients who are in need of a psych assessment; participate in psych consultation with the clinic psychiatrist; Consult with external mental health and medical providers; facilitate referrals; and administer psychotropic medications as determined.
* Perform initial psychiatric evaluations for enrolled clients who are in need of a psych assessment.
* Provide medication administration and management to include medication education; monitor clients' medication usage and results.Participate in psychiatric consultation with the clinic psychiatrist both, as scheduled, and as needed
* Utilize best practices and evidence-based approaches to treatment consistent with TSA's organizational culture (i.e., integration of physical and behavioral health, rehabilitation and recovery, and wellness approaches)
* Participate in the interdisciplinary team to discuss psychiatric / behavioral care management; internal and external case conferencing; need for hospitalization or other emergency care, as needed; discharge planning and aftercare plans.
* Provide supervision in complex clinical situations, e.g., crisis situations, severe psychopathology, emergency commitments, suicide/homicide assessments.
* Current certification as a nurse practitioner with an approved specialty area of psychiatry (PNP) by the New York State (NYS) Education
* Department or current permit from the NYS Education Department;
* Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
* Experience in a psychiatric or mental health setting.
* Strong knowledge of Article 31 regulations (Part 599) and expertise in recovery-oriented, evidence-based clinical practice.
* Demonstrated experience with culturally diverse populations, individuals living with HIV/AIDS, experience with substance use, co-occurring disorders, homelessness and recently released from incarceration highly preferred.
* Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team, facilitate referrals, coordinate with external mental health providers, and work collaboratively with other clinicians and staff.
* Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations served. Excellent management, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
* Part-time position; able to work 14 hours per week Monday through Friday during normal business hours, or as needed to carry out the job responsibilities.
Associated topics: clinical, community, crna, english, family, gyn, nurse specialist, prac, practitioner, splst